CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

cityview forms joint venture..., page-88

1. 56,544 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 258
    Nicky, some non holders frequent the CVI thread as they are interested by human behaviour, decision making and finance.

She is a very good case study.

Although you may deny this, please note that on line trading psychology is becoming more and more known and used by many sectors within the marketing and financial worlds:

Eg. People tend to define themselves in terms of a group for similar people whith whom they form similar interests or relationships. CVI is a good example through the ongoing whispering and supposed tightness of the group. This tends to lead threads into ideas of "us" against the "others" which re-inforces the need to accept the group thinking patterns, or we lose our ID.

But I hear a few say...why bother? It is comfortable to be part of the crowd? Even if the crowd is wrong in the end, no-one can blame us - everyone was fooled alike?

CVI is a pretty good case study of market dynamics IMO. Of course I somewhat, yet very tentatively believe in their speculative short term potential and so does the market, but what market and what contest? Who are you competing with?

Perhaps it is similar to a beauty contest, where perhaps it isn't as important to believe whom you think is the most beautiful contestant, but perhaps what the judges believe to be the most attractive contestant. Perhaps we should be devoting our collective intelligence to anticipating what average opinion expects the average opinion to be?

On HC, individual opinions are of mostly little value IMO - why? - Because they are so frequently wrong - especially at turning points in trends ala again CVI.

On the other hand, the human traits of fear, hope, greed, ego and wishful thinking are so strong it is impossible to be objective.

Therefore, if we rely stubbornly on our own opinion, perhaps we are likely to do so whether right or wrong. The defence of your own opinions is a strong urge with CVI posters.

Therefore, I conclude that in the face of the unreliability of your own and also crowd opinions, why don't many of you make the strenuous effort to see the opposite side - to examine the facts and evidence and if warranted, act in the opposite way. IMO, there are some exceptional posters on the CVI thread, but hard to find who genuinely do this. It is hard to question.

Why do you believe that the CVI market cap is over $400,000,000,000 by early 2009 and what comparisons are there in the market place that will back up your views? BHP?

Why is the price going up so high to 39c on a whim and prayer? Why did she settle back at 10c odd today? Who has bought recently and why? Who bought today? Why is there so much speculation?

Who is currently selling and why?

My feeling is that on order to beat the market, it is foolish to to do just what other people are doing, because there are almost sure to be too many people doing the same thing. So perhaps CVI has been driven to extremes of over valuation or undervaluation? (LOL)

Sometimes, it is the best during these times to do the opposite to everyone else. IMO, the more widely a view is accepted, the more likely it is wrong and that then we should all consider contrary views.

To those that are a little newish to the marketplace, as we move slowly through life we will see, hear and perhaps meet some of the great exponents of contrary thinking. These are alway people who demand evidence - they never accept anything on face value.

Many contrarians "see" where things are going and set their targets on perhaps future trends rather than the total present or past.

IMO, the crowd can be somtimes right ala PDN's upward trend a few years ago. However it is always wrong at turning points - the very time it is important to be right.

It is a developed habit to be contrary and not always a sign of intelligence, but experience.

and yes, I have traded CVI previously, along with very other primate but always in the short term. The "look away" long term principle derives no Freudian pleasure unless you are playing with tiddliwinks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.