CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

cityview forms joint venture..., page-91

1. 3,715 Posts.
    Thanks for your thoughts Macrae - great post.

I find it interesting as I've been a CVI stalwart for some time, but it was the unaccounted for rise yesterday that annoyed me the most (yes - before it dropped back down).

There was no technical or fundamental reason for the stock to rise 20%. I thought it would most likely drop back down, but I didn't know - the pumpers could have just kept on pumping.

We saw today however that the stock had risen in readyness for the announcement today. Ridiculous.

Imagine what would have happened if those fortunate few hadn't of received their notice that an announcement was coming, so that the market was surprised by what came through today?

Would it still have pushed the price lower? I don't think so - it would have allowed an organic growth in the share price.

I am just completely over the way information gets leaked to the market - and it only benefits short term traders. I cannot see a long term business benefit to it.

As far as the BHP analogy goes and the $4B price tag... MS stated in one of his BRRs that CVI's aim was to become a "miniBHP" - in that they would be a diversified resources company. I have no problem with that. The $4B I can also see - but not in the current company setup. CVI is a vehicle for essentially a reverse takeover - a listing entity for the Angolans to put their resources into wholesale. Once it is listed and the clawback is put through, it will be in the best interests for more tenements to be added - and everyone knows that Angola has some seriously good prospects - especially when there is funding to get the business operating fully and with a world class leadership team coming in to take over from the incumbent.

So - all in all, I think it has a speculatively very bright future - however I am frustrated with the games.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.