NWH 1.06% $3.81 nrw holdings limited

Civil infrastructure work boost to reduce effect of recession, page-125

1. 18,936 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3985
    Hi all,

The share price might have behaved a bit like a spider on speed today despite the @Saragian assertions there is still order in that technical universe..
    .....And despite my best wishes, and maybe yours too.
    ..........And despite the continued rollout of infrastructure work NRW is well capable of doing.
    .................(In states that {*touch wood*} remain largely  Covid19-free .)

And yes - that’s about it; ..... All over the place, despite the despites.
    So fingers crossed the DOW doesn’t dive tonight and that everybody playing price games here has achieved their dastardly ends.

Meanwhile here’s a reminder of NRW specialities from [Linkedin]
    Mining, Civil, Concrete, Rail, Roads, Maintenance, Bridges, Mine planning, Mine development, Drill and blast, Load and Haul, Mine closure & rehabilitation, Crushing and screening, Civil construction, Bulk earthworks, Seawalls, Drill pads, Air strips, and Tunnels

And an update on the continued roll out of Civil Infrastructure work:
    This time the new work is in Port Hedland

The WA Government today said $81.7M worth of port  upgrades will go ahead up there as part of a  $158.8 million spend on improvements to ports and harbours throughout the State.

cheers

https://www.mediastatements.wa.gov....es-economic-recovery-and-supporting-jobs.aspx

Pilbara Ports powering State’s economic recovery and supporting jobs

Tuesday, 25 August 2020

• $81.7 million of works to support critical port and road repairs as part of WA Recovery Plan
    • Infrastructure improvements to support trade, boost the local economy and jobs
    • Pilbara Ports Authority, encompassing the ports of Ashburton, Dampier and Port Hedland, achieved a record annual throughput of 717.2 million tonnes in 2019-20
    • Record throughput the equivalent of 13,583 Sydney Harbour Bridges
    • Port contributed to 20 per cent of WA's Gross State Product in 2018-19, and underpinned one in every 12 jobs across the State
    • The estimated market value of product passed through the ports was $120.8 billion
    • Contributes to approximately 42 per cent of global seaborne iron ore exports
    Premier Mark McGowan and Pilbara MLA Kevin Michel today visited the Port of Port Hedland and inspected areas that will be upgraded as part of the WA Recovery Plan.

The program of works will be undertaken to support continued essential trade through Port Hedland and includes:

• $10.5 million to upgrade the entrance road to Boodarie Strategic Industrial Area in Hedland;
    • $20 million for Port Hedland's Inner Harbour for upgrading retaining and sea walls; and
    • $51.2 million to Nelson Point Tug Haven, one of the original tug havens at the port, for upgrading retaining and sheet pile walls.
    Infrastructure improvements will build on works required following wear and tear, which was worsened following Cyclones Veronica in 2019 and Damien in 2020.

The port is home to Australia's largest tug fleet which is critical to maintaining safe and efficient marine operations at the world's largest bulk export port.

A request for proposals for the revetment work, as part of the repairs to the Inner Harbour's retaining and sea walls, is expected to be released next month with construction proposed to start shortly thereafter.....

...... etc ..https://www.mediastatements.wa.gov....es-economic-recovery-and-supporting-jobs.aspx

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.