NWH 0.56% $3.56 nrw holdings limited

Civil infrastructure work boost to reduce effect of recession, page-37

1. 4,240 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1233
    The other Alliance-based tender is the $215 million Mitchell Freeway extension from Hester Avenue in Clarkson to Romeo Road in Alkimos. The two shortlisted groups are:
    • H2R (NRW Contracting Pty Ltd with WBHO Infrastructure Pty Ltd); and
    • Mitchell Extension JV (BMD Construction Pty Limited with Georgiou Group Pty Limited
    WBHO is a subsidiary of a South African non-residential construction company that is also into roads and earthworks projects.

Getting back to Bunbury Outer Ring Road, the two consortia are:
    • The Forrest Alliance (comprising CPB Contractors, Carey MC, Densford Civil, GHD and BG&E)
    • Southwest Connex (comprising Acciona, NRW Contracting, MACA Civil, AECOM and Aurecon)
    AECOM is a US-based multi-national that offers design and project-management services. Not the type to soil their fingers with actual hands-on work.
    ACCIONA is a Spanish-based multinational that is into roads, bridges and tunnels, best described as a Spanish version of Salini. It has a history of partnering with AECOM. Also prefers clean fingers.
    MACA and NRW are the two grubbers who will get their hands dirty.
    MACA (MLD) is into moving dirt and crushing rocks, as is NRW. In the Houyhnhnm-Yahoo spectrum, NRW is more on the Houyhnhnm side, and it is much larger than MACA, and it has better road and bridge construction prequalifications (see https://www.mainroads.wa.gov.au/BuildingRoads/Contracting/Prequalificaion/Pages/contractors.aspx).

NWH would get a fair chunk of the $852 budget for that project – more than I thought before I looked at the associates within Southwest Connex.

As there are only two firms in the H2R consortium, for the want of a starting set of numbers, based on the information above, I'll moot that NWH will get half of whatever the H2R consortium gets, and a third of whatever Southwest Connex gets. Nothing to get too excited about now, but it gives a feel for the sort of work and size of civil infrastructure contracts that NWH is bidding for via Alliances.
    Last edited by Pioupiou: 07/05/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.