CIY 0.00% 3.6¢ city pacific limited

Up front, I do have an interest in CIY.Regardless of this fact,...

1. 10,373 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Up front, I do have an interest in CIY.

Regardless of this fact, on the subject of Michael West's report on CIY, one probably has just cause to question the ethics of the writer, editor and press syndicate that carries his article's.

His articles are carried in national newspapers that have a wide readership - the Melbourne Age being one. Typically, the circulation base of The Age is the more "mature" reader who probably has a lesser understanding of the market and will take greater notice of, and place more faith in, what they read. Moreso perhaps than the Sun - of you get my drift.

Regardless, given the obvious "power of the press", why are these writers not required to disclose whether they have a financial interest in the stock?? Gee, even us humble HC mods are required to disclose this.

What a power to have. Being a writer for a respected newspaper syndicate, short a stock and then write a damning article about same - a virtually guaranteed way to "inside trade".

Equally of course, the same applies to any stock the writer may wish to promote.

In short, why don't the Fairfax Group require their contributing journo's to disclose their financial interest in a stock on which they comment?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CIY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.