EOF 5.41% 3.9¢ ecofibre limited

I think Adam is in Kentucky. Not sure who is in charge of...

1. 1,578 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 237
    I think Adam is in Kentucky. Not sure who is in charge of planting in Australia. Not sure this would be publicly available information, at least for the amounts that have been planted. As for the time of planting, as a general rule, Planting of seed crops will occur late December through to early February according to type of seed and geographical location of production area. Fibre crops go in the ground in October/November generally.

Fibre crops need more time to grow tall, and they need to be harvested before the days get shorter (signalling the plant to flower, as anyone who has ever played God in an indoor grow room knows). The seed crops are planted later for the same reason: we want them to flower BEFORE they get tall.

Some more detailed info from my archives:

PLANTING WINDOWS

Planting time for hemp cropping requires careful consideration of variety adaptation, local latitude and climatic conditions and crop purpose. Hemp is a summer grown crop, as it is a “short day” plant, meaning flowering is initiated by the onset of shorter days in late summer to autumn. Fibre crops are planted in Spring, after the risk of frosts.

In southern Australia mid to late October and early to mid November plantings have been the best for fibre. Fibre crops are ready to harvest in 85 – 100 days, at 50% male flowering.

Finola grain cropsare only grown in Tasmania where they are planted in late October to early November with a maturity time of 130 – 150 days.Seed cropsof fibre varieties (also dual crops) are plated later because otherwise the crop grows too tall to harvest effectively for seed.

For seed crops of European varieties, late November to December plantings are recommended, for seed crops of subtropical varieties, January plantings more conducive to harvesting. Seed crops planted in summer are ready to harvest 90 – 140 days after sowing, depending on climate, latitude, variety and flowering time.

So the answer in general is, "it depends on what you are growing for what and where" and my take is that I would not share this information publicly and I don't think the current management of Ecofibre would be keen to either. Too much proprietary info there.

Hope that helps.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EOF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.9¢
Change
0.002(5.41%)
Mkt cap ! $14.77M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.7¢ 3.9¢ 3.6¢ $1.798K 49.12K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 96203 3.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.9¢ 112722 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.43am 12/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EOF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.