AJL 5.00% 1.0¢ aj lucas group limited

*Amended version*I was hoping to get some clarity from the share...

1. 203 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 236
    *Amended version*

I was hoping to get some clarity from the share holders of this company as to the current start of affairs, as there is a lot of misinformation and poor communication from the Company itself.

I understand that the top 20 shareholders hold over 80% of the issue shares, and hence the sp drop may well have a lot to do with the remaining shareholders becoming frustrated from the lack of "directorship" from the entire company board, particularly with respect to communication.

My questions are:

1. Is AJL considering a sale of its entire Australia drilling division this year? Chairman Phil Arnall seems to think so: "As reported, during the year under review we received an offer to acquire the DrillingDivision, prompting a program to examine options for the future of the Division. Theresults of this review are expected early in the first quarter 2019." Why would this occur if this division is profitable and can provide some much needed cash flow to support UK activities? Especially after the annual report and chairman's statement both boasted how well the division is performing? Unless they want a cash injection, to prop up a risky venture in the northern hemisphere?

2. The political climate with respect to fracking in the UK is itself very "fractured", so how can a company bet its entire business on this one activity when at any moment government legislation may shut it down. Especially in today's extremely political correct world, where the typically crazy leftists seem to have made cowards out of everyone else wanting to support the industry? Is this a safe path to take, betting the whole company on hydrocarbon exploration in the UK?

3. What could the reasoning of the board be by failing so utterly in providing communication to the remaining shareholders? They have delayed the payment of debts, and extended the maturity of loan notes by over a year. The chairperson for some reason seems to think that the highlight of the year is the company's safety record....? That says it all doesn't it. So no one was injured, but the company is losing money. Brilliant work Mr Arnall.

4. The share price seems to be dropping without any floor, so perhaps they are allowing it to do so in order to have a share buy back and have the company fully controlled by the remaining entities?

Overall, an unimpressive job by the entire board, particularly the chairperson.

Thoughts?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.0¢
Change
-0.001(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $13.06M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.9¢ 1.0¢ 0.9¢ $4.236K 467.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 1434429 0.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.0¢ 779789 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.35pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AJL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.