BNO 0.00% 1.0¢ bionomics limited

Thanks for that DD. As usual, a very thoughtful post. Edison...

1. 603 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 292
    Thanks for that DD. As usual, a very thoughtful post.

Edison describe the PTSD as a Phase 2b, presumably reflecting the fact that this is the second Phase 2.. The GAD was a very small trial in terms of numbers, a single centre, 24 patient study – this might explain why it doesn’t count for much in Edison’s valuation. On the other hand, it was a powerful design – double blind 4 way cross over. The Rolls Royce in small study design according to my non expect understanding. The current study is much larger, with 25 sites, and 192 patients.

As to the prevalence of GAD, the Beyond Blue website says that nearly 6% of the population will experience GAD in their lifetime. That’s a big market presently cared for by drugs that can have nasty side effects. So my non-expert view is that Edison may be significantly underestimating the market for BSN210 as a treatment for GAD.

I previously posted a link to a New York Times article that discussed the problems associated with benzodiazepine use as a treatment for anxiety in the elderly. If you haven’t read it yet, here in the link.
    Worth a read I think.

I thought about topping up today, but decided against it on the basis that it would be irresponsible given BNO’s current weighting in my portfolio. I might revise that thinking as we getting closer to announcement of PTSD results. Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BNO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.