clarkkent, page-37

1. 10,269 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 126
    "Clark I do think there are many blue chip shares that will not adapt quickly enough to the unfolding world."

YC,

Perhaps this is true, but on the other hand, large companies have the financial strength and expertise to profit from new developments. This has certainly been true with technology take-up and globalisation. (How many dot.com start-ups have succeeded?)

As for current themes (food inflation, oil price, sustainability etc), these are simply new parameters for consideration. The alert investor will take those on-board and act accordingly. Just as they did with the internet, globalisation etc.

However, as I said in a previous post, the bulk of the world economy will function in a manner similar to what we currently see around us. 6 billion people wake-up each morning to go to work/school/doctor ... whatever. They need to be housed, clothed, fed, transported, entertained. This means a whole raft of bread-and-butter products and services. Someone has to provide those. I am happy for that someone to be me (I wont charge too much).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.