PET 0.00% 2.5¢ phoslock environmental technologies limited

Class action next?, page-62

1. 2,329 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 703
    Where on earth do you get the only $2 million loss from?

For 2018 net profit has been restated down by $441000
    For 2019 net profit has been restated down by $3781000
    For 2020 we cannot easily calculate the cost of fraud as we do not have a before and after fraud calculation, but fraud certainly continued into 2020.
    There was $10.35 million written off receivables at end 2020 for Xingyun some of which I assume is additional to the above.
    There were 60 million options for which vesting conditions were unclear, or where shares were issued to incorrect people. The accounting fair value of these options expensed by the company is $3.5 million and they were worth $14.7 million at the last traded share price.
    The above are the corrections made by the company for fraud and I may well have missed a few. For example has the $2 million held in Chinese subsidiary bank accounts that could not be confirmed in the half yearly now been confirmed?

That suggests around $18 million as possible and maybe much more given the doubts expressed by the auditor below.

The auditor has flagged numerous transactions NOT included in the above where there may be fictitious records, non-arms-length transactions, transactions and contracts not representing their actual economic substance, falsification of records, explanations or representations in particular regarding expected use of assets/future economic benefits, fulfilment of contract obligations and identification of related party transactions, and
    concealed illegal activity. The Group has been unable to provide information to alleviate our concerns, either by way of reconstructions of accounting records, clear documentation of complete transaction trails, or alternative confirmation of the economic substance of underlying transactions.

The additional cost of the audit in 2020 compared to 2019 was near $1 million so you can add that as well.

You can sue Directors and the auditors rather than the company.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.