QIN 0.00% 29.5¢ quintis ltd

errr - no I said borrow was about 11% PER YEAR, and I knew...

1. 3,053 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    errr - no I said borrow was about 11% PER YEAR, and I knew because I was short. When I first got short it was about 8%, and I'm sure when Glaucus got in it was probably less. When you borrow stock, you lock in a rate and that doesn't change.

That's 8% per annum, less the interest on your cash, so about 7%, or 0.056% per month. On something nominally at 29.5c, that's 0.17c/sh per month. On a 100,000 share short position, that's $170 or $5.67/day.

That's very very cheap - thank you baggy blackrock.

I've never said I was short after I covered because I haven't been - others repeatedly say 'well why are you negative about the stock you must be short'. That doesn't make it true, and I'm negative about the stock because there are objectively no positives.

I made predictions that the company's cash position would become critical early in FY18 - true. I made a prediction that the company wouldn't see the year out - that's also looking highly likely given they've got a week before they will be in default on the interest payment and the bondholders will be entitled to take all of the assets of the company.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QIN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.