WBC 1.67% $31.80 westpac banking corporation

Received the email this morning as well.I am a former WBC...

1. 3,106 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1176
    Received the email this morning as well.

I am a former WBC holder. I made a marginal gain on buy and sell and therefore havent suffered financial loss. So not sure how I would be entitled to any form off compensation for risk info non disclosure negligence by WBC.

The cases merit is not in regards to investor loss but rather non-disclosure of risks through WBC policy/investor information. When you dont have the correct financial information available to you, its hard to make an informative investment decision. This is a very hard battle to win. If you could sue for poorly managed investment information every time you would be loaded IMO. Many of my investments have had non-material issues become material issues. The bank can argue on the grounds of timing and invest at your own risk disclosures.

If your a current holder the class action is like kicking yourself in your a$$.
    If successful as a class action participant (you) get some compo less legal fees. at the detriment to your current shareholding in WBC assets - via a legal payout liability hit.

If your a former holder and made loss over the period this is the only reason it may interest you to be a part of the class action.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.