NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

Firstly, I doubt there is an alternative national competitor who...

1. 932 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 177
    Firstly, I doubt there is an alternative national competitor who can meet, or exceed the tender requirements (like NEA can) with additional solar optimisation mapping capabilities; perhaps Landgate for basic services (just mapping, no solar) for the western half? I’m at lost to name other competitive options interstate... It's good to have dominant monopoly position.

Secondly, did CER advertise a re-tender proposal? I can't comment, and I doubt anyone will be able to comment on NEA's running in this... as it will constitute insider trading... But having worked on PPP contracts, there may be multiyear in-built extension options into the contract, exercisable at CER's behest.

Thirdly, maybe that CER expanding the $1.75m CER account; if we are bullish; doubling the account for detailed solar resource planning nation wide would be… justified given they have a $400m budget to regulate/plan.

Fourthly, personally most would believe that the value NEA provides CER (and indirectly Australia) in producing on-point analysis and decisions that map Australia's renewable, and specifically solar resource capabilities... from the comfort of a desktop, far outweighs the cost

As a taxpayer I would say that CER’s current $1.75m spend is a smarter than your average bureaucrat spend
    Last edited by Linsanity: 27/10/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.