CSS 0.00% 17.5¢ clean seas seafood limited

Agreed unsinkable - good to see someone understands a little bit...

1. 362 Posts.
    Agreed unsinkable - good to see someone understands a little bit about the company.

I agree that it is long-term. In their annual report they said as much - i.e. they will be achieving their aim of 10,000 tonnes of SBT in the 2015 FY.

I would advise people who lack patience to get out of the stock but those with knowledge of the seafood industry, exactly what CSS are trying to achieve and the Japanese demand for tuna understand that this company could be a ten, twenty or even fifty bagger in the LT.

I also think a few of you misuderstood the Lateline report. The fingerlings have survived - read their annual report released last week.

"Clean Seas’ primary goal is the production of aquaculture bred SBT in commercial quantities on a profitable basis.
    Clean Seas is holding R&D quantities of aquaculture produced juvenile SBT in its Arno Bay facility in
    South Australia. The oldest of these fish are now 150 days and 35cm in length. This major breakthrough was achieved as a consequence of the 35 day continuous spawning which commenced on 12 March 2009. Successful protocols have now been developed for larval hatching, rotifer, artemia
    and Kingfish larval feeding regimes and weaning of juveniles to particulate feeds.
    As a consequence of this success, Clean Seas has commenced construction of a special purpose SBT larval rearing facility designed in conjunction with AKVA Group. The facility is scheduled for completion in time for the company’s first commercial run of 25,000 SBT juveniles in late 2009.
    Significant advances have been made in the critical area of pelletised feeds which will be available for the company’s initial sea cage growout at Arno Bay commencing early 2010."

As such, I wouldnt want to be out of this stock in late Nov - provided everything goes to plan.

I will add there are great risks ahead. They are in unchartered waters (pardon the pun) as no-one has ever got to this stage due to the issues of getting tuna to provide a high quantity of eggs, stopping them crashing into the walls of the tank and SBT also have a habit of eating their siblings (all of which CSS now have a hold on). They still need to get them to grow to a commercial size in their ocean tanks - which will be tested later this year. And the other issue is whether their supply will bring prices down (wont know for a few years on that).

All in all, I think it is a risk I will take because I believe that success will be great from a sustainability point of view and it has real potential. Also, the man behind it has a lot of money and a burning desire to make it happen. This is it for him - his crowning glory, perhaps...
    DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CSS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $35.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 41494 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.5¢ 179929 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CSS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.