CSX 7.69% 48.0¢ cleanspace holdings limited

After a disappointing last quarter the market is currently in a...

1. 79 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    After a disappointing last quarter the market is currently in a phase of price discovery. It's quite normal to see a large drop, high volatility and low liquidity as the market attempts to figure out what is going on and price it in, and while say traders try to take advantage if possible.

If you see value in a stock at it's price at the time, it's often a good idea to hold even through major volatility, but assuming the market will always price the stock correctly during uncertain times is incorrect. In fact it's quite normal for the market to act irrationally even during regular times.

With most of the shares currently on escrow, there is further reduced liquidity which can cause the share price to go a lot higher or lower than it should.

If CSX is profitable over the next few quarters, traders anxiety over the stock will likely be relieved somewhat but there is still a lot of uncertainty in the market in general and it's still a small risky business.

Actually the thing that most fascinates me about this stock, is not the company itself, but the fact that it has basically never traded near IPO price. It traded way higher than IPO price at the beginning and is now trading way lower, all during a very uncertain market environment in regard to Covid and vaccines etc.

It is true that IPO price doesn't really mean anything in the long run, and the original private investors from before the IPO are still in profit at the current price, and I know this has been happening a lot in the stock market lately with other Covid-related stocks as well but I still find it very fascinating.

All while fundamentals have basically not changed since the IPO, and it still remains completely unclear whether Cleanspace will be a profitable company or not in the long run.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CSX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.