clear majority support rudds $42 bill package, page-157

1. 23,041 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 827
    Eagle

Kudos to you for what sometimes has sometimes seen like a lone hand in this discussion thread.lol

Like a good Eagle you put up a mighty fight.

For my take on it (a Liberal voter)the only thing Rudd and Co did wrong was to rush it through a bit too quick or at least attempt to.

Whether the amount being offered is the right amount I don't know that any of us really have a clue.

Whether the funds could be put to better use over a longer term elsewhere is not really the point is it?

The real questions that should be asked is what is the stimulus package trying to achieve, will this package achieve it's goals and what is the short and long term ramifications.

I really think that the government should be congratulated for being decisive and pro active.
    They should also be held to account with a decent review through the senate but lets get it done with in a couple of weeks and not have it dragged out to suit the Libs political agendas or the Greens 'what can we screw for our own benefit out of this'.

So much of what we see happening is sentiment driven. Perhaps the idea of a significant stimulus package is change sentiment.
    In the long haul growth will happen.
    Even if we have to pay back at a later date what is so bad about that?
    We all borrow for our future...it is the capitalist way to enjoy the fruits of the borrowing immediately.
    Of course we have have to manage the boom bust as best we can but it will always be with us as long as we believe in consumerism.

ps Eagle there is always dissent and angst in the opposition no matter which party it is.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.