Hi Goldie,It was a supporter of Turnball who posted the original...

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Hi Goldie,
    It was a supporter of Turnball who posted the original poll threader that favoured Turnball. I posted this thread to indicate that the one poll did not necessarily represent the viewpoint accross Australia. It would have have been misleading for only one newspaper poll to be quoted particularly when it was out of kilter with many other polls.

I offer a differing view on the package in that if the economy doesnt receive an injection of stimulus funds urgently the economic situation will spin out of control and then it will truly be hard to recover. Australia cannot afford to let its existing business and its workers sink into the mire and that is what would happen if confidence breaks down completely and people become too frightened to spend. Once our businesses sink, our retail,our trades whats left of our manufacturing enterprises they may never recover as global competitors will have taken up the slack. The RUDD package is a broad one it will hopefully stave off a full on recession with all its implications for our people. It should build confidence and hopefully our stock market will begin to turn in the right direction.

In respect to the issue of indebting our children I have a view that if we cant sort things out now, for families now, we will not be leaving anything worthwhile for our kids. Everything we build now, whether infrastructure, schools, agricultural projects will benefit our children in the future. It will in fact save future generations a huge impost. Just my thoughts.

Cheers
    eagle

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.