clear majority support rudds $42 bill package, page-75

1. 36,517 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

bbracun said:

"This, somehow, justifies the composition of the stimulus package ?"

That is not my point at all. Some posters had been accusing the government of being reckless in the management of taxpayer money and in the management of the incoming economic storm. My point was that the government had had advice from its advisers to base its decisions on.

Whether that justifies the stimulus package or not is a matter of opinion. I am sure people can quote other economists or experts to give a contrary views; that is fair enough for the sake of discussions, but at the end of the day Rudd and the Labor Party are the ones in government and they have decided to take a certain course of action and I would say fair enough too 'cause that is their call and rightly so.

I really have no difficulty in hearing different views. As I had said a few times before in this Forum, that my main interest is that the country receives and deserves (we are a country of well educated and intelligent people you know)
    the best policies known for our long term national interests.

At the present point in time, I believe the government is making the right call. Others may disagree, but that is their prerogative. We live in a free society. I am sure we are the envy of the world in how healthy our political system is, in that there had been no bloods in the streets when there was a change of government.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.