MGX 3.03% 34.0¢ mount gibson iron limited

cleveland-cliffs/portman

1. 2,082 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1651
    Plenty of talk tonight about more corporate activity in the aussie mining sector. ie OXR

Going on past experience with the disappointing SP for MGX, only a handful of diehards would have noticed comment today from Portman. Out today from Portman/ Cleveland Cliffs was one of those corporatefile interviews. CC now own more than 80 % of Portman, so any macro decisions no doubt come from CC head office. CC are happy with their decision to buy into Portman .

Most interesting comment at the end of the report from the MD- quote:

" There are a number of iron ore projects that we wanted to evaluate with a view to potential involvement by Cleveland-Cliffs/Portman. We're now fairly well advanced with these evaluations. I don't want to tallk about any specifically, but our focus over the last six months and for the next year will be on opportunities in iron ore for the Group "

You would be lucky to find a more open share register than MGX. However, it is not often for this size of company, where a takeover suitor would launch a hostle bid and I cannot see Brian Johnson wanting to hand over just yet.

MGX scopped up majority control of PMM valueing that company at $680 million. MGX is worth today about $240 million and earning now $40 to $50 million PA. Cleveland Cliffs would not be interested in smaller would be iron ore hopefuls. MGX stands out like a beacon amongst what is out there, in iron ore companies.

Anyway something to keep in mind if you are considering an investment in MGX.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
34.0¢
Change
0.010(3.03%)
Mkt cap ! $414.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
34.0¢ 35.0¢ 33.0¢ $803.2K 2.372M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 24000 33.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
34.0¢ 101418 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MGX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.