WDS 2.59% $27.50 woodside energy group ltd

"Science (read data and analysis) has been corrupted, especially...

1. 1,749 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 171
    "Science (read data and analysis) has been corrupted, especially by Woke Universities, anyone challenging the narrative is cancelled. The Science is not settled, despite the claims, that term strong evidence that the non numeric Left simply does not understand Science, although they are merely tools for those pulling the strings, all a mechanism for Societal Control and Wealth transfer"So where are all the peer reviewed papers showing that its a hoax? that its a conspiracy? that the data collected by the 'corrupted' scientists is wrong? You're telling me the overwhelming majority of scientists are colluding on a scam that benefits them how? Last time I checked, the oil and gas company executives are much more wealthy than the scientists?

" The movie link I posted a couple of days ago addresses the hoax, have a look."

Ill watch it until I cant bare the inaccuracies, and Ill explain why they are wrong here too.

Timestamp - 7:20
    Narrator 'We are told that current temperatures are unprecedented and dangerously high'
    Str@wman argument - Scientists dont claim that todays temperature is unprecedented. It has certainly been much warmer in the past than today. And guess what? Sea levels were much higher, no snow/ice etc etc. This is attacking an argument scientists haven't made.
    :
    Timestamp - 8:34
    Narrator 'Warmer water means more life'
    This is an oversimplification and does not take into account the rate at which the water warms.
    In the past, the temperature has risen (and cooled) and it took tens of thousands, not centuries. And in the times were it did rapidly cool/heat up - extinction (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6127390/#:~:text=Many%20mass%20extinctions%20of%20life,by%20large%20igneous%20province%20volcanism.)

Timestamp 10:45
    The interviewed scientists refer to past climates (65 million years ago etc) as ideal/flourishing, etc
    They dont tell you once again that the rate of change was slow, this time allowed ecosystems to adapt.
    Give us 10/20/50 thousand years to adapt, sure, no problem. Give us a century or two? ok, maybe that wont be long enough.

Timestamp 13:43
    They talk about the Central England Temperature Record.
    Much of the warming we have recorded started towards the end of the industrial revolution (say 1850). But taking a single temperature record and saying "look, we've only observed 1C change" is meaningless. I'm sure I can find a temperature record that actually goes down, but its the Global Average we need to consider.

Then the movie goes on to talk about weather fluctuating by a few degrees within any given year. Yes, the weather where I live hits lows of single digits, and highs of 35c+ but if we add an extra 2/3 degrees on top of that average, then we will see more changes.
    1 (or 2 or 3 degrees) doesn't sound like much for humans in an ambient room, but when you take for instances temperature sexual determination in many reptiles for example, then a few degrees matters. Or take for instance sea level rise from those few degrees warming.

They then go on to discuss the Urban heat island effect (a true phenomena) but which I pointed out the other day,
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6058/6058460-8f2356e7bef6acc2666e694f01206f09.jpg
    The BOM and I can only assume other international meteorological groups account for it.

Thats about all I can watch at the moment.

The problem with videos like this, is that most people that watch it aren't sceptical of the claims being made.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$27.50
Change
-0.730(2.59%)
Mkt cap ! $52.21B
Open High Low Value Volume
$27.80 $27.84 $27.42 $143.3M 5.199M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 4902 $27.50

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$27.53 20178 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$27.54
  Change
-0.730 ( 2.49 %)
Open High Low Volume
$27.80 $27.82 $27.42 716310
Last updated 15.59pm 01/05/2024 ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.