WDS 0.65% $27.93 woodside energy group ltd

This is the guy that said its safe to drink round up right? I...

1. 1,797 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 177

"Global warming was just a theory so the greenies changed it to climate change"

Rubbish. It was referred to as Climate Change since at least the 1950's (https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/j.2153-3490.1956.tb01206.x)
    Whereas a quick google search shows the term "Global Warming" began its use in the 1970's.

Regardless, there was no "shift" in terminology use, and the two phrases mean different things.

Global warming = The overall warming of the earth
    Climate Change = The overall changing of the climate.

Scientists get the terminology correct, its the news/media/internet bloggers/HC posters that get it wrong then claim its evidence of a conspiracy.

"Personally I have not noticed that the climate has got any hotter or colder "

Good thing scientists dont use their "feelings" or "personally" as evidence. Have you got data to back up your claim? Unless you've been taking daily temperature readings at the same time in the same place for the last 70 years, then "personally" your experiences mean very little. The same would go for someone with an opposite argument. If someone went on about how they "personally" think its got much warmer, I might be inclined to agree, but I'd also like to see their data.

"I also have lived near a beach all my life and have not seen any sign of the sea level rising. The true test of any theory is to verify it with a physical observation."

What a ridiculous statement. Have you been taking proper measurements taking into account tides? I doubt it.
    It'd be like watching your lawn for 2 days and not noticing the grass getting higher and concluding that your grass isn't growing.

This is why scientists dont take use "personal accounts" in their reports or publications. Remember, that which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. You may accept that your "personal account" of no sea level rise is unscientific because you have no data to confirm this, therefore it is meaningless in any proper discussion.
    This is the guy that said its safe to drink round up right?

I will point out that whilst I have an investment in Woodside (because I understand the business and thought it was "cheap" at my purchase price - which was about $30) doesn't mean that you cant accept the science of Climate Change. As another poster pointed out - Woodside can and probably will be a leader in the transition to other areas of energy production.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$27.93
Change
0.180(0.65%)
Mkt cap ! $53.03B
Open High Low Value Volume
$27.60 $28.22 $27.51 $129.6M 4.633M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 2754 $27.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$27.93 576 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$27.98
  Change
0.180 ( 0.86 %)
Open High Low Volume
$27.58 $28.21 $27.51 873338
Last updated 15.59pm 24/05/2024 ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.