climate change and my two cents

1. bbq
    599 Posts.
    What really annoys me about the climate change skeptics is that they seem to want to continue doing what is clearly unsustainable while possibly putting all of us at risk. What I mean by that is the continued extraction of carbon and other material from the earth must at some point have an effect of the climate - a climate that has helped man progress from the plains of Africa to highly developed society in a relatively short time.
    Dealing with this issue is like taking out insurance. Maybe the scientists who warn of climate change are wrong, but what if they are right? Millions and possibly billions will die. For me, that is a no brainer. Our current lifestyles no not so flash anyway. Attempts to put us more in tune with our environment can only be a good thing. Relying on the market to do this is ludicrous bordering on criminal. We who have so much should recognize that many do not even have safe drinking water.
    Attempts by those that want us to face up to the current world environment, debate it along with the state of mankind are doing us all a great service. Those who ridicule the need for this debate are not.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.