WHC 4.34% $6.01 whitehaven coal limited

Not sure what any of this has to do to WHC, but I'll respond to...

1. 16,915 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8380
    Not sure what any of this has to do to WHC, but I'll respond to your persistent trolling of this thread with irrelevancies, by asking:

Can you name companies in Australia that manufacture:

1. solar grade polysilicon ingots, and
    2. polysilicon wafers and panels?

If none, then it might be that you are suggesting that the government support the establishment of these, the most critical elements of the solar panel manufacturing process.

And if that is indeed what you are suggesting, then if locally manufacturers of renewable energy infrastructure (or any product, for that matter) are unable to stand on their own merits, why should feel consumers feel a need to call for government (i.e., taxpayer) support of those industries?

Partisan protectionism of certain selective sectors of the economy is an outdated fiscal concept which has been demonstrated to result in declining productivity and a contributor to inflation.

The last thing the Australian economy - which is supply-side constrained - needs is government policies that further distort the tightness in the economy.

If local renewable energy equipment can be sourced outside of Australia at a cheaper cost, why should business and households be expected to pay premium prices just because something is locally made?

We don't do it with clothes, or cars, fridges, computers, medical devices, medicines, mobile phones, nor for a vast array of other essential goods and services, so why should we do it for a particular economic sector you happen to favour?
    Last edited by madamswer: 11/06/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.01
Change
0.250(4.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.027B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.01 $6.05 $5.90 $73.47M 12.24M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 28367 $6.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.03 2000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.