WHC 0.26% $7.65 whitehaven coal limited

Climate Change, page-1030

1. 16,517 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8048
    Correlation isn't causation. Coal went to $400USD/t for almost a year, is this the cheap fossil fuel you're referring to? It is still roughly twice as high as the long term average price.

On the subject of critical thinking:

The current coal price is US$130/t.
    Please show me the data which shows the long-term price is US$65/t, half of the current spot price.

Besides:

1.) Do you really think power utilities in Australia buy coal priced on daily spot market price signals?

2.) Coal today represents less than half of the power generation in Australia, compared to 75% a decade ago, so whatever price rise you think power stations are today paying for their coal, that needs to be proportionally adjusted for coal's significantly reduced share of the national energy pie.

3.) Please show the data that backs your assertion that electricity prices have risen by "~50%
    over the last 10 years" (Needless to say, government rebates should be excluded from said data).

"Production dropped in Germany in the last 12 months as almost all global economies slowed? shock horror!"

You bait and flame others for speaking without factual substantiation, yet you yourself now speak out of your derriere. So, let me appraise you of the facts:

Constant Currency GDP Figures (all figures in billions of Euro)

Q1, 2024 (latest data):
    Germany = 816
    Other Euro-Area = 2,144

Q1, 2023
    Germany = 818
    Other Euro-Area = 2,132

12-Month Change
    Germany = - 0.2%
    Euro Area = +0.6%
    Variance: -0.8%

To pre-empt any suggestions of my cherry-picking data, the difference between Germany and other EU area countries looks even more pronounced on two- and three-year data:

24-Month Change
    Germany = - 0.2%
    Euro Area = +2.9%
    Variance = -3.1%

36-Month Change
    Germany = + 3.8%
    Euro Area = +9.2%
    Variance = -5.4%

Data sources:
    Germany GDP Constant Prices: (https://tradingeconomics.com/euro-area/gdp-constant-prices)
    Euro Area GDP Constant Prices: (https://tradingeconomics.com/euro-area/gdp-constant-prices)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.65
Change
0.020(0.26%)
Mkt cap ! $6.399B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.69 $7.71 $7.64 $24.66M 3.217M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 22151 $7.64

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.66 12306 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.