WHC 0.52% $7.62 whitehaven coal limited

"I am seeking a data source that supplies financial data on a 6...

1. 16,485 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8028
    "I am seeking a data source that supplies financial data on a 6 monthly basis. The best I have found is Stock Doctor. See below for WHC. Whilst this is OK, I want to investigate if there is a better supplier. Question: What is the source of your financial data? Does it provide 6 monthly data?"

At SA1588,

I'm afraid I'm not sure where reliable and accurate 6-monthly financial statements can be found.

My source is the financial reports published by the companies, which I manually input into my models going back as many years as I can whenever I start researching a company.

I know this is very laborious but I do it this way for two reasons:

1.) I respect the value of my family's capital too much to trust third-party data providers. not just in terms of accuracy of the numbers, but also in making a judgment on what constitutes "normalised" financial performance (i.e., items are non-recurring or abnormal)

2.) I find that the manual inputting of each subsequent period's financials results in me getting a proper feel for the history of the business, as well as its evolving financial performance over time. This is important to me in order to come to a view of the investment pedigree of the company and therefore, how it should be valued.

I know this is probably not the sort of answer you might want to hear, but I'm afraid I don't know of any other short-cut.

Adam

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.62
Change
-0.040(0.52%)
Mkt cap ! $6.383B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.75 $7.78 $7.56 $13.49M 1.768M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
19 18509 $7.61

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.62 5743 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.17pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.