WHC 1.04% $7.62 whitehaven coal limited

Climate Change, page-1056

1. 1,905 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 884
    Alex ..yes it can easily be done in an economic way that's why you and I agree in principal ...How ever I believe it is a matter of common sense but Good Economics to follow the course I outlined ..a total win win..but the growing economies of India and Asia and to a certain extent all countries will require met- coal for their steel supplies....and I can see very strong demand for met- coal coming out of India and Asia for a long time....all economic development needs steel.
    The long term solution I see as the small atomic reactors manufactured today by Rolls Royce and some US producers such as Westinghouse able to supply the energy to power 100,000 homes assembled on site in months and once fuelled last 17 years without further refuelling ..such units could be put into existing coal,Gas or oil plants to provide the heat for the steam turbines to produce the electricity. Of course conversion to nuclear will take many, many years. ..but it is a clean non polluting non Co2 way forward...there is definitely a way forward.
    Acceptance of nuclear will take time ...but these small reactors do not carry critical mass and can be quickly shut down and have no Co2 pollution.
    Such reactors are found in Aircraft Carriers and submarines ..and have been around for decades and are well understood ...but they are still expensive technology.
    Finland is now totally Nuclear and is a case worth study....they have a very very small carbon footprint ....and have been very successful.
    All the best to all

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.62
Change
-0.080(1.04%)
Mkt cap ! $6.374B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.67 $7.68 $7.45 $41.51M 5.478M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 15473 $7.61

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.62 12215 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.