WHC 1.16% $6.82 whitehaven coal limited

Climate Change, page-211

1. 2,126 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 203
    Assuming you're referring to mypravda's video. I watched it too.

Whilst I like that the scientist they interviewed says she went back and revisited her paper after critics found flaws - It would have been nice to have the articles linked so they could be read. I'll have to go chase them up myself.

The problem with this video however is that it is mostly attacking the medias interpretation and reporting of the science. On that note, I agree with the video. Alarmism exists on both sides (as evident with Hagetaka misquoting media releases to make it sound worse than it is - I think it will be on page 3 on this thread, and I called him out on it). The media have always blown things out of proportion. That's how they get viewers and clicks online.

But just because the media get it wrong, doesn't necessarily mean the science is wrong.

I accept that there will inevitably be papers that get it wrong (on both sides) that's how science works, we get better and better data and go from there. The preponderance of evidence shows that CO2 has a warming affect, we are contributing to an unnatural increase in CO2, and that will cause changes in our climate.

In repsonse to the emails;
    Turns out most of them weren't actually what was being reported in the blogs and certain media - what a shock.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.