WHC 0.00% $7.66 whitehaven coal limited

Climate Change, page-582

1. 16,495 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8028
    "Whitehaven’s realised thermal price of US$147/t was flat to the gC NEWC index "

Instead of conflating WHC's $110/t operating cost figure which you bandied about, with the thermal coal price, now do WHC's achieved coking coal price and contrast that with the $110/t cost figure.

"So, let me ask. Do you or do you not accept the science of climate change?"

I do.
    The earth's climate - just like the climate of ALL the planets - is always changing.

As for human activity impacting the climate, possibly, but a planet's climate is a highly complex, non-closed, chaotic chemical and physical system, one which is influenced by an inordinate number of variables, some of them certain to be indeterminate.

To determine the true causal relationship between two variables, all other variables need to be maintained constant (scientists call this the "control") and self-evidently, for something like a planet's climate, it is not possible to design, let alone construct, a control arm.

Now my turn to ask you:

Given you are dedicating a thread on the WHC forum to this, what do you expect WHC to do about the situation?

Cease producing coal and not invest in further coal production to service the demand that you yourself admit exists?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.66
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.408B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.75 $7.78 $7.56 $22.18M 2.904M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 10807 $7.65

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.67 10040 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.