WHC 1.17% $7.75 whitehaven coal limited

May I ask if you have any formal education in environmental...

1. 16,497 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8033
    May I ask if you have any formal education in environmental chemistry? geology? physics? oceanography? paleoclimatology? meteorology?"

I don't wear my academic credentials on my sleeve, but since you ask, I am scientifically qualified in fields that cover at least half of those areas you have listed, and others which you have not listed, including materials science, materials handling, mining engineering, mineral economics and statistics (and currently half way through an astrophysics degree).

"Projections are made, and unsurprisingly many of the predictions have been quite accurate."

Here is the problem; in isolation, that cannot be said with any statistical reliability.

Probabilistic-ally, if a sample of predictions is large enough, the normal distribution of outcomes tell us that some predictions will inevitably be accurate.

Those accurate are the ones that get almost exclusively referenced and trumpeted (for obvious reasons, principally vested interests). But the world is replete with predictions that have been totally inaccurate.

To prove the absence of confirmation bias (which any self-respecting scientist/statistician would seek to do) have you ever sought studies that include the complete universe of all predictions that have been made in relation to climate, and compared that with the sub-sets of forecasts that have proven to be accurate versus inaccurate?

Last edited by madamswer: 04/01/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.75
Change
0.090(1.17%)
Mkt cap ! $6.483B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.64 $7.77 $7.63 $24.54M 3.183M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 46128 $7.74

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.76 17705 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.