WHC 0.00% $7.66 whitehaven coal limited

Climate Change, page-636

1. 1,888 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 180

I'm not sure how this thread moved from discussing the science of Climate Change, to the discussion of viability of solar panels in Australia.

I accept that I am in no manner an expert in energy infrastructure, and there are much much smarter people than me that you could have a discussion with with regards to the implementation of renewables in Australia.

The mere point I am making is simply stating that it is "too hard" or "too expensive" is not a great mentality. I have little doubt that there are appropriate places for solar farms here in Australia that are certainly viable. We have vast areas of land that are not used for any agriculture, have minimal disturbance to the natural environment, and would provide jobs to many. Lets not forget that even WHC have installed/are installing solar panels to reduce costs.

Whilst my general answer is along the lines of "lets innovate" and "the cost will come down" this is relatively true with all technologies (as I have stated previously and which you accepted that the newer technologies are vastly superior than the old, despite an initial outlay in a higher cost).

So I will try a different approach. Is there any compromise you would accept when it would come to an energy transition?

Let me ask this in a different way.

If we could do solar panels at the same all in cost as coal power (eg the cost of everything along the way) would you be open to solar powers replacing coal?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.66
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.408B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.75 $7.78 $7.56 $22.18M 2.904M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 10807 $7.65

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.67 10040 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.