WHC 1.17% $7.75 whitehaven coal limited

I just finished watching the whole thing. I'll make a few...

1. 1,889 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 180

I just finished watching the whole thing. I'll make a few points.

The point of Titan (Saturn's largest moon for those that didn't watch the video) having hydrocarbons and calling them "fossil fuels" and making a bit of a hullaballoo is a bit strange. To scientists that study this, it isn't new. More importantly, the formation isn't the same. The hydrocarbons from oil and coal on earth were formed from fossils, yes. The hydrocarbons on Titan were formed in a completely different process (not that the video was making the argument that they were formed from the same process).

Tucker Carlson thinks we haven't been told "the truth" about where hydrocarbons come from and has a problem with not being taught all the possible ways hydrocarbons can be formed. Well, I'm sure if Tucker Carlson took some university grade chemistry or astrophysics then yeah, they might teach that there. We only learned this information about Titan in 2013 it seems. So again, an unreasonable point of argument in my opinion.

Tucker Carlson then makes statements about trusting scientists and their consensus (I've said in the past I dont like the argument about consensus - consensus isn't evidence) but then mentions John Kerry and Al Gore - two non scientists?

Dr Moon makes a bunch of statements about CO2 not being able to increase the speed of a hurricane, wont change how fast or frequently a tornado will form, wont make a difference on polar bear populations, or how much fish you can or cant catch, or wont cause ocean acidification. He doesn't give any sources (he cant, its an interview and unfair to assume he can cite sources on TV). Half of those assertions are just dumb assertions. CO2 cant increase the speed of a hurricane? Sure, I dont know if thats been claimed by scientists (***?) PH levels have been decreasing causing acidification - there is lots of evidence to confirm this.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5877/5877954-694a38cdc5c0fa2dfcb6244b54949fa0.jpg

Look, this is just in the first few minutes (I'm rewatching to breakdown the video) it would take me hours to go through and point out all his incorrect claims and assertions.

Can you just be a bit more sceptical @hagetaka and stop appealing to authority?

What is a phrase I've heard a hundred times? Follow the money?
    Take your own advice;
    "Willie Soon, a U.S. climate change skeptic who has also discounted the health risks of mercury emissions from coal, has received more than $1 million in funding in recent years from large energy companies and an oil industry group"
    (https://web.archive.org/web/20110702134122/http://af.reuters.com/article/energyOilNews/idAFN1E75Q1ZO20110628)

Someone posted the other day something along the lines of "Fund me and I'll publish anything you like"....very interesting.

Not to mention Dr Soon has had plenty of his papers debunked by plenty of scientists that showed he cherry picked data & used flawed methodologies.

Anyways, not a particularly interesting watch and I spent a lot more time trying to find sources to back up his information but I couldn't.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.75
Change
0.090(1.17%)
Mkt cap ! $6.483B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.64 $7.77 $7.63 $24.54M 3.183M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 46128 $7.74

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.76 17705 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.