WHC 0.52% $7.79 whitehaven coal limited

"Whitehaven’s realised thermal price of US$147/t was flat to the...

1. 1,784 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 173
    "Whitehaven’s realised thermal price of US$147/t was flat to the gC NEWC index "

Instead of conflating WHC's $110/t operating cost figure which you bandied about, with the thermal coal price, now do WHC's achieved coking coal price and contrast that with the $110/t cost figure.

We never discussed coking coal for the obvious reason that coking coal isn't used for generating electricity.

Stop gaslighting as you say, I merely mentioned that the cost price is getting close to $110, and the realised price is squeezing the margins slimmer and slimmer.

"The earth's climate - just like the climate of ALL the planets - is always changing."
    Nice deflection. At what rate may I ask has the climate previously changed at? hundreds of thousands of years? millions?
    Now we are seeing the same change in mere decades/centuries. Not enough time to see the environment adapt. That's the point. Humans will be fine, sure. But our environment will suffer massively.

"Given you are dedicating a thread on the WHC forum to this, what do you expect WHC to do about the situation?

Cease producing coal and not invest in further coal production to service the demand that you yourself admit exists?"

"Whitehaven aims to play a practical and positive
    role in the transition towards a lower-carbon
    future. We do this by supporting global energy
    security and our customers’ decarbonisation
    goals, and by investing in technologies and
    initiatives to decarbonise our operations.
    We support the aims of the Paris Agreement and
    recognise the importance of transitioning to a
    lower carbon economy."

Taken directly from their sustainability report. I'm happy for them to take any appropriate approach to transition.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.79
Change
0.040(0.52%)
Mkt cap ! $6.512B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.75 $7.87 $7.74 $17.46M 2.241M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 5338 $7.78

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.79 663 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.46pm 22/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$7.78
  Change
0.040 ( 0.36 %)
Open High Low Volume
$7.75 $7.87 $7.74 677406
Last updated 15.03pm 22/05/2024 ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.