climate cover-up: anatomy of denial, page-6

1. 20,020 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 870
    Yes I agree, demeaning language does not help. I guess some people have reached their wit's end. If you can't see the propaganda machine at work then you probably never will. I am not trying to have a go at you. That is just my honest opinion. It is quite scary to me how many supposedly rational people have been sucked into this climate change debate illusion. Maybe watch the interview. Remember what happened with the pro-tobacco campaign and the muddying of the science with regard to smoking related disease? The same groups are now behind the anti-AGW campaign. They have taken their reasonably successful scare tactics from that campaign and morphed into new groups for the anti-AGW campaign. If you look through the noise you will see that the media is manipulating us and there is absolutely no debate among real, credible climate scientists re: AGW. The only debate is how much and how soon.

I have tried to keep an open mind and I have diligently read all the postings here on HC for months and months. None of them have altered my view. Most of the time I cannot believe that people write this stuff or that they post links like wattsupwiththat.com or ihatealgore.com or Joanne Nova or The Lavoisier Group. These are all front groups or radicals, for the most part, with no credibility whatsoever. The number of credible links for anti-AGW information is almost zero. Plus there are numerous sensationalist news reports about new findings such as the one about methane or recent articles about ice sheets or whatever. The headlines are always along the lines of "Global warming shown to be a scam" but when you read the journal article there is one line about how our understanding of global warming has changed but the rest of the article fundamentally reinforces the AGW theory. It happens time and time again. This is not a scientific exercise any more. It is an exercise in PR, psychology, politics, economics and sociology.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.