So now the Bidsbane broncos ract to "pressure" likey generated...

1. Yak
    13,672 Posts.
    So now the Bidsbane broncos ract to "pressure" likey generated by GetUP.

We see there is a keen wish to avoid debate iin an informed way and ALL th avoidance stems from the advocates of the "How- bad-we-are warmists.

What are they afraid of?

Selective Free Speech on Display at the Broncos

07/01/2011

Hard Left Extremists Try To Censor Free Speech

The multi-million dollar far-left ideologues at GetUp! have just succeeded in their campaign to suppress free speech by forcing the Brisbane Broncos Club to cancel their event discussing climate change with Lord Monckton.

To clarify: the event was all organised. The Club promised it would go ahead. Tiketek sold tickets to hundreds of people in Brisbane. And, at the last minute, the Club decided to go back on their word.

I?ll be honest. I don?t agree with Lord Monckton on everything he says. But I believe in free speech and the free expression of ideas. And the quashing of this free speech is why I am so irate.

Make no mistake: what this underhand campaign by GetUp! did was to trample upon Australian values of free speech, and use their money to try to stifle debate.

We can?t let them get away with this. We really can?t.

So, with my apologies for emailing you yet again, I put to you that we need to take action to support freedom of political communication in Australia and show just how wrong this is.

We can take some easy actions.

If you have just a spare minute, consider making a phone call to :

a) the Broncos Leagues Club Venue Feedback Ph: (07) 3858 9003

b) ask for the General Manager Geoff Kuehner Ph: (07) 3858 9000

c) board member Jim (James) Petersen 0407 739 677 [email protected]

and then follow up the phone call with an e-mail to [email protected]. Let them know that the GetUp! paid extremists do not represent Australia!

But it should not stop there. Call talkback radio, write a letter to the editor ? help us do something to show that this stifling of free speech can not be tolerated.

As I said in my last email ? we?re going to win this fight ? the science and truth is on our side ? but it?s going to be a long battle before we get to that point. But if we allow GetUp! to get away with being able to censor people for speaking their mind? it will make things a lot harder.

The Bronchos said they cancelled because they received a few phone calls from fans (ie GetUp! stooges) opposed to free speech. Well, let us all call them now and make them know what a mistake they have made!

TVA

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.