climate deniers now extremists . really ?, page-81

1. 45,350 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    Ben the idea of a god was first developed in the neolithic age... people wondered what made the thunder roar - so terrifying that the cowered and pleaded for the noise to abate. They wondered why the sun shone and why it got hotter when there were no clouds and colder when there were - the gods hid themselves and the world was punished by lack of warmth.

There are so many gods and adherents to each claim that their god is the only right one. They have all evolved and although they mostly share common traits, each religion is at an ego-driven war with all the others.

Now when it comes to questioning whether any god exists the adherents often answer "these are the words of God"... yet the words are always written by people, not god.

IMO god is an imaginary construct to placate and make cohesive a tribe. the service is a tribal ritual no less superstitious than the magic of alchemists and wizards.

I cannot say that belief in a god is wrong, but it requires belief, blind faith, and a lack of evidence other than "God's Word" and maybe a few miracles and saints. There is no evidence/proof either way. Yet I require evidence in order to accept a truth - science, humanism and ethics provides evidence and logic and that is what I accept. Not blind faith.

This its the same as anti-science denialism. There is no evidence that global warming is not happening while there is an abundance of replicated studies and observations that prove the reality of global warming. To deny the science is an expression of belief that the science is wrong. To accept the scientific evidence is to recognise reality.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.