there is so much climate and weather record shattering going on...

1. 81,411 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    there is so much climate and weather record shattering going on - one would have to be blind, deaf and a special kind of stupid to not notice it

where I am - it's been a very peaceful winter - very very warm, except for a couple of weeks which were cold - not record cold, but bloody cold.

But, I'm in a strange little world here - like magic land - because north of me - there's been stunning floods up around Calais and across - people flooded out something like 5 times in a couple of months - flood after flood after flood.

To the west - some bumper storms - probably not record breakers, but they sure made an interesting winter.

To the south - floods AND fires - record breakers.

And snow - record snows in places. South of me and to the East -

and in my little patch - first frost free February. Very local - a tree not far away in full bloom - it began blooming in mid February ------------- it's never bloomed before late March before - and really should be an April bloomer.

change - it's everywhere and records shattering everywhere --------- one doesn't need much science to tell change - all one needs are eyes and ears.

This isn't Oz - here, there are family properties that have been in the family for hundreds of years - many with written records on weather. There is zero argument about cc here in the land - they all know it's on and it's major and it's rapid.

This year - I didn't know which way it would swing - either a whopper snow year or a whopper cold year or a very warm year - I suspected it wouldn't be much in between - for me - it's been warm ----- yesterday - BBQ in T shirt - imagine that

god knows what summer will bring - each year I've been here has been heatwave, and one reason I came here was because I like cool weather ------ Norway is looking good for summer.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.