Climate hypocrites - My letter in today's Australian., page-135

1. 85,274 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    no - I don't mean that we know that floods and fires are dangerous --

indeed - many haven't a great grasp of the 'real actuality of that' either -

what I mean is the unpreparedness of the nation for hundreds of thousands of displaced Ozzies in a large natural disaster

we all see some homeless - we see some tents in places, some of us who walking early might see people asleep in cars -

and the odd place sees some places where people were hit by storms or floods - take the Gold Coast - the houses on the hills that were damaged by storms - whilst most Gold Coasters see it on TV - and if they went for a drive up to the hills - they would see the damage

it's just not really affecting them ---------- so, they've absolutely zero idea of what would happen AFTER a massive cyclone ripped through the Gold Coast with huge winds and an enormous tidal surge ------

displacing a great percentage of the population ----------- people cannot imagine such changes - until they happen -

then you see them interviewed - first thing they say is --------- 'I can't believe it'

'I never thought I'd see this here'

and where would Australia rehouse temporarily 100 or 200 thousand people???

there just isn't anywhere - AND one of the biggest factors then arises in the national vulnerability ----------------- who is going to clean up the mess AND who is going to rebuild -------------- the answer to the latter we already know --------- there is NO ONE to rebuild

we can't even rebuild a few homes destroyed in the SEQ storms - not for YEARS

that's the problem - one of them - the storms and floods are the cause of the damage

the causes of the utter catastrophe is a lack of preparedness - and no resources to recover

that - we do not know already - unless we look closely

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.