Exceller, have you ever seen a groin/sea wall placed on a...

1. 28,231 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    Exceller, have you ever seen a groin/sea wall placed on a beach?

Are you a person who spends much/any time on the coast/beaches?
    If you do and these beaches are in built up areas with rock cliffs, groins, sea walls and have had infrastructure in place for years I think that you would be very surprised at the movement of the waters edge and how sudden vast stretches of beaches can change.

People have told me that the town I work out of is doomed due to CC and sea levels rising.
    I always ask them for a reason why, all have stated that I must be blind to not have seen that Thirsty Point car park has lost its toilet block and lookout to the sea plus it only holds 2/3rds of its original capacity.

It it is a compelling point I say, I then offer to take them for a drive down the front beach (north of point) and point out the various places on the beach were the old crayboats had their moorings.
    One still has the big yellow buoy attached and at low tide it is 5-10m above the waterline at high tide it can be in half a metre of water.
    2 years ago an 18m vessel was swinging on it.

PS Think about trying to raise the level of that water in the glass evenly, when someone’s waving it in the air!
    ———
    Simple claims for simple minds is what Joe Public are been fed.
    That’s all the alarmists need to do because they have faith in scientists (a hundred plus years ago they would of had the same faith in their priests/church) and will ignore the multitude of facts that have fallen into the “over exuberant “, almost right if we had the correct figures, we have learnt more about this complex system and have adjusted our time line accordingly but even if the scientists are wrong they’re still right category.

No intervention will sway a true believer from their path, deniers should be attacked on the streets and agnostic types like myself should be treated the same!!
    There is only one God and he only needs to defeat CO2 to save the faithful

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.