http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/01/02/climate-change...

1. 13,592 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 295
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...keptics-welcome-open-debate-trump-presidency/

Interesting article.

It seems that some leading scientists have been tight-lipped for fear of losing funding and adverse career impacts.

Under Trump they might have found their voice so should add to the climate "science"debate. Pity they have been silenced for so long – we may have lost hundreds of billions as a result (eg have a look at lefty Guvnuts in Oz building white elephants ie desal plants)!!

An excerpt from the article:

After years of imposed “scientific consensus” on global warming, a number of skeptical climate scientists are hopeful that their views may finally get a hearing under the new administration.

Georgia Tech scientist Judith Curry, for instance, labelled a “climate heretic” by Scientific American for her contrarian views, sees a light at the end of the long Obama tunnel.

“Here’s to hoping Trump will herald the demise of climate change dogma, and acceptance of a broader range of perspectives in climate science and our policy options,” she wrote last month on her popular Climate Etc.

Part of the problem is that no one really knows how many climate change skeptics there are among scientists because of the high personal and professional cost of heterodoxy.

Dilbert creator Scott Adams has compared climate change skeptics within the scientific community to “Shy Trump Supporters” who are too afraid to say what they really think for fear of being ridiculed or worse. As we can plainly see, he wrote, “the cost of disagreeing with climate science is unreasonably high if you are a scientist.”

William Happer, professor emeritus of physics at Princeton University and a member of the National Academy of Sciences, played his cards close to the vest for years in order survive in a hostile scientific climate.

“I held my tongue for a long time because friends told me I would not be elected to the National Academy of Sciences if I didn’t toe the alarmists’ company line,” he said.
    Last edited by Meteor: 03/01/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.