he might be right, he might be wrong I believe it's not so much...

1. 82,557 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    he might be right, he might be wrong

I believe it's not so much as how many people one has, as how they all live

the world could happily support about 20 billion of some of the kinds of people that I know at the moment

whereas one of my previous partners and some of my American friends - the earth would struggle to support 6 of them

not 6 billion --------- just 6

All one has to do for a reference is walk into some houses - look in some wardrobes, look into some kitchen drawers, look into sitting rooms --

see the superfluous shit, see the sheer vast quantity of it that's rarely or never used - then, look at the size of the houses to hold it all - then, think about heating and cooling those houses

look at something like a discussion on cars yesterday -------

in 1948 the Holden came to Oz - big, fat, lumbering, heavy, petrol guzzling, tyre using lurching car

in 1948 the Citroen 2 CV came to France - small, fit enough to cross muddy fields, comfortable enough to carry eggs on the back seat crossing a rough track, sipped petrol like a dainty flower, set to carry the amount of people and weight of luggage that a very well done survey country wide had asked for

still in use to this day - the design ideas

it's HOW we live as much or more than how many of us there are --

if we truly wanted to do a fix on the climate starting immediately - all we have to do is to stop buying shit ---------- now. Only buy what saves you money or energy etc and don't buy any more at all

get out of the bigger house and filling it with crap culture -------- build a personality instead of a bigger house

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.