''I would have like Howard to state the real reason we went into...

1. 86,254 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''I would have like Howard to state the real reason we went into Iraq...we know it was not because of WMDs'.....if it was as simple as supporting US and guaranteed support then stand by the decision.''

I think that history shows us with crystal clarity that Howard is nothing but a war monger

perhaps his reasoning is to kiss the bum of the USA - big brother will protect us from those nasty commos? ------------ who knows

Howard's hero Menzies - took Oz to the Vietnamese war -------- why? the fear of the commos and the domino effect -

and all of the fear of communism really - from bucket after bucket of petrol thrown on a very tiny fire - but a total nutter called Joseph McCarthy

who was either just plain mental from the beginning - or chose to jump on a populist bandwagon created by America post WW2 to contain China - because it was in fear of the competition

and Australia, like many western nations - caught the fear.

Amazingly Vietnam won the war - defeated the not so great America and it's little buddies - but, then, didn't go on to invade Australia -------- we're still waiting for that.

Post Korea - if we take out all the wars that Australia was led to by the Liberal Party of Australia - then, there is not much left to talk about.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.