Now for some truth. The Nimbin hills and surrounds were once...

1. 890 Posts.
    Now for some truth.

The Nimbin hills and surrounds were once covered in huge eucalypts and redwood cedars which were clear felled during the early pioneering days. It was during this period that this particular area was first degraded.

Once the land was totally cleared it was then used extensively by the early cattle and banana industry's and eventually ended up as a dairy industry, all of which degraded these lands even further.

Around 1930 Nimbin experienced another wave of settlement and this time it was the arrival of Italian settlers to farm the hillsides of Nimbin with banana plantations and cash vegetable crops. These particular areas are so toxic they are NEVER to be built on.

Please don't go there anymore on land degradation cowcokie.

Not long after the dairy industry collapsed, the hippies moved into what was basically the ghost town of Nimbin and that was the start of early forest regeneration and repair of the pioneering destruction of what was once the pristine and untouched home of the Bundjalung tribes people who for thousands of years coexisted with a primal forest stretching from south of Grafton to beyond the Queensland border. 100 years ago the Bundjalung people lived in this area in their traditional ways. Not so much these days though.

Now cowcockie, if you have knowledge of, or evidence of, dumped cars in the waterways and uncontrolled sewerage then give me further detail and I'll pass this on to the appropriate authorities not a problem. I'm assuming your own backyard is in order so you shouldn't have much to worry about once evidence of your claims are received for further investigation.

You mention that you're making sure your kids grow up drug free. Can you please advise all other caring parents how to accomplish this?

How do YOU "make sure"?

If you actually have a guaranteed method of doing this, apart from solitary confinement or similar etc, then we stand to make untold billions my friend.

Over to you.

www.nimbinweb.com.au/nimbin/history/history1.htm
    Last edited by Nimbinboy: 18/01/15

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.