BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

Clinical Trial Data in coming weeks - exciting times?

1. 8,256 Posts.
    Are we finally going to see a bit of action?  Well, these days (without a portfolio of drugs making tons of $$$) the market wants to see a fist full of revenue first, but if the upcoming trial data readouts are positive, we cannot ask for much more than this - it can surely move us closer to a deal/s with a big pharma.

According to the latest presentation on the Aviragen website (dated this month):

http://aviragen.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/January_2017_Corp_Presentation.pdf

Two Phase 2 clinical trial data readouts in next several weeks
    - BTA585 Phase 2a RSV challenge trial
    - Vapendavir Phase 2b SPIRITUS trial for rhinovirus in moderate and severe asthmatics

I know that many die hards here are excited about what Vapendavir promises, even for use on moderate to severe  Asthma/COPD candidates only.

The Investigational New Drug for BTA585 was placed on hold by the FDA last year due to hospitalisation of a trial candidate in the UK.  The UK authority has since allowed the trial to resume and there is a meeting with the FDA this quarter to present data that will hopefully see them allow trials to continue.  I think this is the trial that was originally Fast Tracked by the FDA.  So if the FDA give the thumbs up, hopefully trials will move fast from here (barring any further hiccups).

After the upcoming clinical readouts, hopefully Joe Patti should also provide the market with an update as to the saleability or partnership status of these drugs.

Bring it on.  Will 2017 be a watershed year for the company?  It is looking good(I know, I know, we've said that before).

To all long term sufferers holders in particular, good luck!  May your AVIR shares at least quadruple in value in the coming year!
    Last edited by jessie1: 10/01/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.