CUV 1.04% $15.23 clinuvel pharmaceuticals limited

Clinuvel compared to Imugene, page-62

1. 771 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 981

Thought it interesting to show the Clinuvel/Imugene comparison now there is news of the Lady Gaga (with 56.5M Insta followers), Michael Polansky, Sean Parker interest in translational science and Clinuvel. To me this gives some confirmation that we will see the holy grail of tanning creams and to a lesser extent DNA repair creams for the consumer market. None of this is of course priced in because little is known. A company like Imugene has everything priced into the hope of one day in many years achieving approvals and making some money, which can then be shared amongst a hopefully not too diluted registry, and without partnering up too much to also dilute profits. Clinuvel is likely to achieve another FDA approval in Vitiligo before IMU gets their first approval in my opinion, and possibly will also get a VP approval before IMU gains their first approval also. Hence the market valuation to me is very strange when the hope is valued much, much higher than an actual cash printing company like CUV with existing FDA, EMA approvals, but we know shorters have played a large part in this market creation after many years of manipulations which are well documented by ASIC data. I can't be bothered listing the shortcomings of the CUV team, i'm sure others will, but attracting investor interest compared to other higher valued/less developed companies is a clear one. Below is the Imugene comparison.

So two great Aussie Biotechs in the drug development game, Clinuvel more advanced with a FDA, EMA, TGA approved drug and Phase 3 running in a blockbuster indication while IMU running some Phase 1 and 2s. Interesting market cap valuation comparison, IMU even raised capital while burning cash fast and they don't even have a Phase 3 running yet into a blockbuster. The Clinuvel blockbuster Phase 3 for Vitiligo is also only as an added indication to an already approved drug so safety well established and process much easier than a new drug approval - the same will be the case for VP when is progresses to P3.

Imugene:
    Revenue HY ended Dec 2023: $0
    Net Loss for HY D2023:-$68.7M (loss)
    CASH ON HAND$139 MILLION(end of Dec - would be less now)
    Market cap. 880 Million AUD

Clinuvel (CUV)
    Revenue HY ended Dec 2023: $35.7M
    Net Profit after tax HY D2023:$11.0M (profit)
    CASH ON HAND$175 MILLION (probably ~ $180M by now)
    Market cap. 700 Million AUD

Also worth noting the December half year is seasonally much weaker than the current half year with CUV. Clinuvel did achieve double digit growth (it's not like they were ever priced for perfection) so full year results will be a very healthy profit (~$30 - $40M) and cash pushing towards $200 Million. IMU proving much more adept at attracting investor interest than CUV despite no phase 3 like the CUV Vitiligo P3. Clinuvel really need to headhunt some talent in attracting investor interest, I will post a comparison with DISC soon who are killing CUV in valuation terms despite being years away from (possibly) entering the EPP market.

All IMO DYOR

Last edited by Silverchair: 05/03/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$15.23
Change
-0.160(1.04%)
Mkt cap ! $763.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.39 $16.02 $15.22 $2.031M 129.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 186 $15.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$15.36 646 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CUV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.