I agree Reaper the system is stuffed; no longer is it a House of...

1. 7,016 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 52
    I agree Reaper the system is stuffed; no longer is it a House of review by representative senators of the individual States as it was set up to be.
    Look at WA results and the HEMP party were only eliminated from the count for the last TWO senate seats [fifth and sixth seat] when there were only four parties left in the running [PUP, ALP, LIB, HEMP] and they, HEMP, had over half a quota at that stage.
    As for minorities look at Victoria and the soon to be Senator who got almost no first preferences, no one has seen or heard of him. Is he in the Motorist Party or Sports party, I forget his name/party and I live there?
    Either way his vote is now controlled by big Clive who was on radio just now threatening and bullying and demanding for about 15 minutes.
    Most notably Palmer denied several times that the Libs have a mandate to remove the carbon tax and MRRT.
    Clive Palmer said the people voted for an independent Senate and then proceeded to threaten and abuse the Libs non stop.

Minister Greg Hunt also speaking to Ally Moore just now on ABC radio 774 has suggested if the removal of the two big taxes is in the budget papers then ALP will probably not block it!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.