CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

Revels Cat, If you are attributing the appearance of politicans...

1. 956 Posts.
    Revels Cat,

If you are attributing the appearance of politicans in CCY to the content of this article you might want to think again:

"QUEENSLAND has struck yet another bonanza with the discovery of an enormous reservoir of zero-emission coal seam gas, 100km east of the outback town of Cloncurry.
    The discovery of the clean energy reserves in the new Millungera Basin by a Queensland government survey team comes just days after Canberra increased the pressure to embrace lower-emissions fuels by releasing its carbon trading green paper.

The geothermal energy find also comes amid jockeying by local and international companies, such as BG Group and Shell, for a foothold in Queensland's booming coal seam gas sector.

Premier Anna Bligh said the Millungera Basin discovery - which is 300km long and up to 50km wide - was "one of the most exciting resource finds this century'', which could hold clean energy sources for enough low emissions power for the entire northwest region of the state. "

Because that article is in The Australian, July 21, 2008.

There is nothing new about the existence of hydrocarbons in the Julia Creek area. (Yep, 100 km "East of the outback town of CCY")

See: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/massive-clean-energy-reserves-found/story-e6frg6oo-1111116967563

Sadly, it is not even as new as that - I lived in the Julia Creek area in '65 for a while, and it was well known then that "kerosene" was in the rocks being drilled when looking for Artesian water aquifers. These days it is called "Shale Oil"

Old news, I'm afraid.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.