BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

Good post, Miso.Quoting Port:“I can't wait to see the annual...

1. 830 Posts.
    Good post, Miso.

Quoting Port:
    “I can't wait to see the annual results, the directors and management should celebrate with a bottle of expensive champagne.
    Stopping legal action was perfectly timed.”

Port, I do not think Peter Cook was drinking cheap VB beer on the night of 5 Feb 09 when GSK broadcasted the Relenza sales. He sneered with contempt for shareholders who voted down the AGM resolution to reward him and was probably still celebrating the 456,300 LTIOs with expensive French champagne that night (financed with BTA money) and went on to report the wrong figures to the ASX the next day. He has to be the most idiotic CEO of an ASX listed company as Relenza is BTA’s most single important revenue.

Stopping the legal action was perfectly timed to suit Peter Cook. If he had continued the litigation, there would be no money to purchase 453,300 BTA shares to back his LTIOs. And BTA may even have to raise capital from faithful shareholders who had supported similar raisings over the lean years in search of the damages GSK would have ended up paying.

We need to take stock as the idiot suggested. Where else will you find a CEO that:
    · After refusing the $100m offer, settled for $20m and then rewarded himself for the idiotic decision against shareholders votes, and then have the gall to blame Peter Molloy for launching the case.
    · Reporting wrong figures on BTA’s single most important revenue and then blamed it on GSK.
    · Talk down the share price and blamed it on traders. Only an idiot CEO will think that it is his job to determine what the sp should be. His job is to run the company not talk down the sp.
    · In the news article posted by Albyone, the idiot suggested the sp is trading beyond the intrinsic value. In other words those analyst reports on BTA website are wrong.

I too can’t wait to see the annual results as many of us believe here that Peter Cook will be rewarding himself as if he single-handedly increased Relenza sales when we all know Relenza sales are demand driven and has nothing to do with Peter Idiot.

On the bright side, the good news are:
    · The 6 million (??) Relenza in stock before the swine flu outbreak had been taken up The 60m courses p.a production rate is probably insufficient to meet the pandemic stockpiling demands as Relenza share of stock piling orders are increasing with some scientists suggesting as much as 50%.
    · Relenza sales to the seasonal flu market is picking up where in Japan it is out selling Tamiflu. In previous years, Relenza share of the seasonal flu market is close to zero.
    · With the flu virus resistance to Tamiflu increasing, soon Relenza may be the only effective antiviral left.
    · LANI is coming towards the marketing stage in Japan and marketed by Daichi Sankyo. The once-a-week antiviral will probably become the next flag ship product.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.