ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

Good Grief, the ramping is rampant. Yes this well is big for...

1. 231 Posts.
    Good Grief, the ramping is rampant. Yes this well is big for Icon, yes I hope it is a goer but seriously, this thread is in need of some balance.

Nothing special about that core pic in the previous announcements. Just a pic of the core. Core analysis on shale always was going to take several months. Especially desorption (if not longer) and subsequent adsorption isotherms (should be able to use results from Holdfast/Encounter).

Thickness. 67 meters (Net reservoir pay) thicker does not increase exponentially. It increases linearally. Namely using an equation for volume. SO if 2 tcf is attributed to the holdfast well (not 300) and that h is 393 meters and the current well is 460 m, then "comparing apples to apples (or shale to shale and all the other factors are comparable to holdfast/encounter)" you can increase that GIP by a factor of (460/393 = 1.17) so ~2.34 tcf.

As for the wireline, yes, results should be known within a couple days and I expect an announcement.

At the end of the day, this well (imo) will be judged on the flow rate after fraccing. A ways to go yet, fraccing in Q4 according to announcement.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.