DEG 4.11% $1.14 de grey mining limited

Hey net. The short interest in deg is less than 1%. I...

1. 2,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 757
    Hey net. The short interest in deg is less than 1%. I respectfully suggest that this is negligible and of little if any consequence at this time.
    Further it should be noted that the value weighted average price paid per DEG share today was $1.52.5. This was with a volume below our 4 week average which again signifys no concern. Just biz as usual.
    I also respectfully suggest that some pullback in SP would also be normal after the recent heavy buying.
    Our bump up in status would have attracted buying from fund managers. This would explain recent high volumes.....
    vanguard eg has an s&p asx300 index fund.
    When a new company enters this index vanguard they are obliged to purchase some of its shares.

These funds use the market cap of each of their holdings to determine the weighting % relative to the total value of each fund.
    This then determines whether they need to buy or sell shares relative to each company they hold. I believe this is called rebalancing. This is how i understand it.
    Info from the last two paragraphs was obtained in part from a great post by dianella.
    I hope some of this info helps. Im still learning after 20 years. Happy to be corrected...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.14
Change
0.045(4.11%)
Mkt cap ! $2.732B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.13 $1.15 $1.13 $4.272M 3.749M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 9142 $1.14

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.15 11394 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.