DXI 0.70% $2.82 dexus industria reit.

melua, it was all about kennedy, as dissappointing as it was, it...

1. 8,314 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 178
    melua, it was all about kennedy, as dissappointing as it was, it proved the formation can flow in the acreages. it was not completed optimally as we all found out later.. but whilst being drilled with oil based mud which damages the formation, it was deep and way off the upoper chalks, yet in spite of the well not being optimally completed for the chalks, with the cemented liner, the kennedy well is flowing gas and oil..
    its got a long way to go yet, i know kennedy will be worked on later. there are plans to frac it further, but more needs to be learned on the chalks..

this time a pilot hole was drilled, and geological data from other wells which has been published on the web also has been a very good way of finding the upper chalks.. imho they have been very precise in establishing the marker for the upper chalksand getting the well into the upper zone, even coming in early and high at 60%..

what was learned at5 kennedy was a harsh lesson, to drill a pilot hole on every compeletion is not standard practice, the kennedy well was low when it turned horizontal, 120 or maybe 180 feet below its correct start depth, and that did not become evident until after the completion. then it progressed deeper according to EME.. there were signs of background gas throughout the completion, and despite peoples absolute disbelief that the chalks can flow, Kennedy is a producing well right now.

if you cannot appreciate the significance of gas shows and flares in a lateral completion of a chalks well then you have every right to be cynical as you always have, but i believe your current position on holding the share is possibly a sign that you may be thinking the same way everyone is today,, to me the report is brilliant, but to you its not there yet until the kowalik well flows, and imho we would both want the same outcomes, that all wells flow in the chalks as they always had expected they would, and so far all wells, be it vertical (kunde 1 and 2) or horizontal have flowed hydrocarbons..

best of luck to all holders,,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DXI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.82
Change
-0.020(0.70%)
Mkt cap ! $894.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.85 $2.91 $2.82 $660.9K 231.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 5844 $2.81

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.84 1520 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DXI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.